7 Things To Consider For The Re-Open
1. Know the Rules, Follow the Rules
- Stay on top of your state rules, unemployment guidelines, the PPP and EIDL and forgiveness, etc. Documentation is key!
2. Re-build the Business You Want, Not the Business You Had
- Lead your industry, don’t follow it. Re-Invent YOU! Look at this time as an opportunity to take market share from your competition!
3. Marketing Shifts and Sales Sprints
- Who is your target customer, now? Are their needs different? Strive to understand the needs of your customers in the “new normal” marketplace. Re-invent your ordering and delivery model with the “new normal” in mind.
4. Systems That Make a Difference
- Set clear goals, define new roles and responsibilities, and create a new org chart. Then, document all processes/procedures with “How to” Systems.
5. Customer Service – Beware
- Superior customer service is paramount as you reopen your business. Show the customer how you care for their safety and well-being. Communicate changes with the public, have clear visual signs, and train your team on how to handle non-compliant customers.
6. Team Readiness
- Lead your team with motivation and honesty, have a pre-opening team meeting, update your team training, and conduct walk-through/what-if scenarios. Review and update existing employee related documentation – handbooks, procedures, job descriptions, work instructions.
7. Cash-flow is King
- Manage your cashflow with a militant approach (weekly for at least the first 8 weeks). Consider: What happens when the PPP funds runs out? What can you do now? Spend wisely and have clear line of sight on your future cashflow forecast.
We at ActionCOACH are here to help. If you are in the process of re-opening your business and would like to schedule a complimentary coaching session with a Certified Business Coach, contact us now so we can share with you the strategies needed to navigate your reopening.
Want to learn more about ActionCOACH and our business coaching programs? Reach out to me to schedule a 15-minute discovery call. You can also contact me directly at 832-233-6825 or email: email@example.com. I look forward to working with you!